Friday, May 11, 2012

Reformed Kilts Custom Kirk




This lovely little purple and black number from Reformed Kilts didn't come out precisely as I envisioned. There isn't enough purple and the discussed pocket hook for my keys would be nice. However, certain uncontrollable circumstances caused the maker and myself to fall out of touch for months at a time. Given that, he did a damn fine job.

Again, my goal here was something casual to knock around in which would hold all my stuff. I am quite glad Aaron surprised me by going with denim. The material was the one aspect of jeans I missed. Plus, it compensates a bit for the fact three of seven kilts in my collection are basic black. The garment looks handsome and I dig how it hangs.




My favorite parts are the massive, compartmentalized, removable pockets. They have custom slots for common-carry devices other than my keys in addition to space adequate for a nook simpletouch reader. If there's any issue with them, it lies in the very slight learning curve on the attachment mechanism.



Getting three strong snaps through three corresponding loops takes some practice. However, there's remarkable stability and very little chance of accidental removal. I do wish the same style snap used as pocket closure had been worn or manipulated a bit prior to shipment. One turned out defective and I need to purchase a replacement as Aaron has fallen off the face of the Earth again.



It's good that the side pockets work so well since my rear mount wallet pocket is fairly useless. Even work pants seemingly designed to show the bulge of smuggled pens as you walk by conceal the edge of my money holder better. The small size combined with somewhat messy logo embroidery looks a bit silly, but not so much that it's a deal breaker.
All in all, I find the kilt quite nice. Denim washes well with a bit of prep. All my stuff fits. Air flow is adequate. As a bonus, the waist band conceals three sets of snaps to allow for a few waist sizes. Bottom line, for $112.00, it was a steal which seems likely to last me for several years.

92/100
No URL available as Aaron has gone off radar again

- Posted using The Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment